“Grant A Wish” Referral Form
“Grant a Wish” Criteria
Please review the criteria listed below before submitting a referral form.
Some things to consider when making a wish:
The “Grant a Wish” program is designed to empower and support a foster child’s self esteem through assistance with a life skill, athletic activity, or the arts. This program is intended to provide our children with the basic things needed to help them assimilate with their peer group and foster family (clothes, sports equipment, room makeover). Wishes can also assist with a special birthday party, prom expenses, graduation, summer camp or senior trip.
In cases where shipping is required, we add 10% to the cost estimate to provide for shipping.
- Dollar limit of $200.00 per wish.
- Child must currently be in foster care.
- One wish per child.
- Referral must be made by case worker.
- Case workers/adoption recruiter responsible for securing any transportation needed for wish.
- Camps determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Time frame for wishes should be reasonable and finite (example: 8 weeks of classes not one year).
- No pets.
- No gun training, paint ball lessons, shooting or weaponry of any kind.
- Referring source should not share dollar amount with child.